Liquid Hand Soap
Kirkman’s hand soap is a hypoallergenic liquid soap intended to be kept near sinks to be used routinely for general hand cleansing, cleansing before meals or after restroom use. Its hypoallergenicity has been confirmed by clinical laboratory testing that has been dermatologist reviewed. It is gentle to the skin and contains several skin conditioning agents so as not to irritate the hands. The product can be used many times per day without worrying about irritation and contains no perfumes or scents which can cause sensitivity reactions in many individuals. The product is also free of anti-bacterial ingredients which when used repeatedly, actually can cause certain bacteria to eventually become resistant to the anti-bacterial agent. The ingredients in the hand soap are:
- Purified water.
- Cocopolyglucoside tartrate - a cleaning and dissolving agent.
- Cocopolyglucoside citrate - also a cleaning and dissolving agent.
- D-Calcium Pantothenate - a vitamin B-5 and a skin conditioning agent.
- Jojoba Oil - cold pressed from the nuts of the Jojoba tree. This ingredient is actually a waxy oil which contains protein and minerals. It resembles human sebum, the natural coating our body produces to protect the skin. Jojoba helps dissolve clogged pores and restores skin to its natural pH.
- Kosher Vegetable Glycerine - an ingredient that has soothing and moisturizing properties.
- Vitamin E - a vitamin with known skin conditioning properties as well as anti oxidant properties. Aids in keeping skin cells healthy.
- Xanthan gum - a natural viscosity building vegetable gum.
- Citric Acid - which adjusts pH while also brightening the skin.
- Chromium Oxide - a certified non coal tar colorant which gives the soap its green color.
How is this Kirkman® product different than other hand soaps we might have used? It's all in the safety and desirability of the ingredient list. Other products likely contain an artificial perfume, salt, titanium dioxide, sodium lauryl-type compounds, or sulfonates--all of which can be toxic or cause sensitivity type reactions. Also they probably lack healing, soothing ingredients such as Jojoba, vitamin E and vitamin B-5. With a product that is used multiple times per day, these are important considerations.