Hypoallergenic Sunscreen (SPF 25)
A revolutionary, new sunscreen product which is hypoallergenic, clinically tested and SPF verified (at 25) and can be used repeatedly during the course of a day without the typical potential irritation many sunscreens exhibit.
Kirkman® has chosen the safest and most effective sun blocking agents available and a group of added ingredients which enhance the gentleness and skin conditioning qualities of the product. Kirkman’s sunscreen is unscented, containing no perfume ingredients which often lead to sensitivity reactions.
The majority of sunscreen products on the market contain Titanium Dioxide, an ingredient which special needs individuals with compromised immune systems need to avoid. Check your current sunscreen product label to see if this chemical is in your product. Skin contact with this ingredient should be avoided, however, it is used by the cosmetic industry because it is very inexpensive compared to safer screening agents.
The ingredients in Kirkman’s Sunscreen include:
- Purified water.
- Zinc Oxide USP - a safe and effective sunscreening agent with restorative properties. You may recognize it in other products such as Calamine Lotion or Desitin ointment.
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate - another sunscreening agent which is known for its low potential to sensitize skin or act as a photoallergen. Kirkman® has combined it with Zinc Oxide USP to produce the ultimate safe and effective sunscreen product.
- Meadowfoam Seed Oil - an oil with unique chemical properties that make it one of the most stable vegetable oils known. It resists oxidation from the sun and exhibits ultra-violet protection. Its stability ensures that
- Kirkman’s sunscreen will remain on the skin for long periods of time.
- Jojoba Oil - cold pressed from the nuts of the Jojoba tree. This ingredient is actually a waxy oil which contains protein and minerals. It resembles human sebum, the natural coating our body produces to protect the skin. Jojoba helps dissolve clogged pores and restores skin to its natural pH. It is not greasy and absorbs quickly.
- Organic Coconut Oil - known for its cleansing, nourishing and soothing properties on the skin. It also contributes antioxidants to keep cells healthy.
- Kosher Vegetable Glycerine - an ingredient which has soothing and moisturizing properties.
- Emulsifying Wax - a plant based wax necessary for the emulsion formation which gives the lotion its smooth texture.
- Stearic Acid - a wax with emollient properties which gives the lotion texture and body.
- Vitamin E - a vitamin with known skin conditioning properties as well as antioxidant properties. Aids in keeping skin cells healthy.
- Xanthan gum - a natural viscosity building vegetable gum.
- Citric Acid - which adjusts pH while also brightening the skin.
Kirkman® encourages you to evaluate the ingredients present in sunscreen products. Sunscreens are very important in protecting the skin from harmful ultraviolet rays, and you should be using one that consists of safe, non-toxic ingredients. We believe that ours is unsurpassed in these areas.