Kirkman® is pleased to offer this comprehensive nutritional supplement that incorporates a wide spectrum of vitamins, minerals and other nutritional factors. Many parents find it difficult to give their child a multitude of different supplements daily or several times a day, and other parents are unsure of which nutritional supplement regimen to follow. Some parents may be waiting for laboratory or physician's reports that will eventually be a guide to a supplement program. In this case, a broad-spectrum dietary supplement is suggested in the interim. Spectrum Complete™ Powder helps solve all of these issues .
Spectrum Complete™ II also offers an alternative to Kirkman's Super Nu-Thera® product line that contains higher dosages of vitamin B-6. Some children do not respond to the high B-6 or to Super Nu-Thera®, in general, but those individuals still need a very comprehensive, high quality supplement. Spectrum Complete™ fills that role with nutrients in highly absorbable forms. Those parents who want to use Spectrum Complete™ and who also want higher B-6 levels can supplement with additional B-6 or pyridoxal 5-phosphate.
Summarizing the above discussion, Spectrum Complete™ II should find valuable application in the following situations:
• Parents new to supplementation who want to start with one comprehensive product.
• Compliance situations where parents find it very difficult to get multiple supplements into their children.
• When parents are awaiting laboratory and/or physician's reports to guide them in setting up a supplement
• When high vitamin B-6 products such as Super Nu-Thera® are not effective.
• As a comprehensive foundation to supplementation, to which other products can be added per testing results
or a doctor's instructions.
• As an alternative to less complete products being offered by other supplement companies.
What are the unique properties of Spectrum Complete™ II and what are the ingredients that make it so comprehensive?
Spectrum Complete™ contains all of the B-vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals children require. Other specialty nutrients are also present. Some of the unique potencies, ingredients and properties of Spectrum Complete™ are:
• A full spectrum of immune supporting ingredients, including vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, selenium,
coenzyme Q10, and beta glucan.
• Pro-vitamin A from mixed carotenoids, as well as the regular standard form, vitamin A acetate. These mixed
carotenoids consist of beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, which are powerful antioxidants and free radical
scavengers. It is important to also include a substantial amount of non-carotenoid vitamin A, such as the
• In addition to beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, the powerful antioxidants coenzyme Q10 and grapeseed
extract are present.
• Choline, which is essential in the manufacture of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
• Inositol, taurine and glycine, which are required for liver support. Inositol is also necessary for proper nerve,
brain, and muscle function.
• Taurine and glycine help maintain the neurotransmitters in the brain and produce a calming effect on the
• Glycine is needed by the body to stimulate glutathione production.
• Molybdenum, which is important in sulfur metabolism and may help support the PST system. Molybdenum
may also be important in supporting healthy copper levels.
• Selenium, which is included for its immune supporting properties
• Chromium picolinate, which is included as a chromium source.
• DMAE, which is included to aid in focusing.
• Higher vitamin B-12 potencies are present. Since vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble nutrient that does not
accumulate to toxic levels in the body, Kirkman® feels this higher level of B-12 is warranted.
Will I need to use any other supplements with Spectrum Complete™ II ?
This depends on your child, your child's diet, and the nutritional regimen agreed upon with your child's physician. Individuals on a casein free diet will require extra calcium to bring daily intakes up to 800-1000 mg. daily.
Kirkman® does not include any herbal components in Spectrum Complete™ II. Though some herbs do have a place in supplementation, clinical studies are incomplete. Additionally, since herbs are natural products grown in varying environmental conditions, the potential for certain individuals to be sensitive to a given herb is too great, in our opinion. We feel herbs should be supplemented on an individual basis.
How much should I take/give?
We recommend the following:
Children 20-25 lbs 1/2 teaspoon daily
Children 26-60 pounds 1 teaspoon daily
Children 61-75 pounds 1 1/2 teaspoons daily
Children 76-120 pounds 2 teaspoons daily
Larger children and adults 2 1/2-3 teaspoons daily