**New policies as of 2/4/13.
• SHIPPING DAYS: Probiotics will only be shipped Monday through Wednesday to avoid weekend delays. Orders for probiotics received on Thursday or Friday will be held for shipment on Monday.
• DURING WARM WEATHER: To better protect your probiotics, Kirkman® now requires 2 day or next day shipping service during warm weather. (We will honor your shipping choices and not automatically upgrade your shipping methods).
• DURING COLD WEATHER: Kirkman® recommends 3-business days service to most locations.
If you have any questions regarding your probiotic shipping please call our customer service department at 1-800-245-8282.
High-strength probiotic chewable wafer
Kirkman’s most popular probiotic, Pro-Bio Gold™, is also offered in a tasty, chewable wafer with the same six certified strains of organisms present in our signature Pro-Bio Gold™ product.
Normally, chewable probiotic formulations are weak, low dosage products because of the fragility of the organisms; however, Kirkman® has developed an optimal formulation that is produced under special cold, dehumidified conditions so that the product maintains full potency when compressed into a tablet.
Kirkman’s Pro-Bio™ Chewable Wafers offer a comprehensive replacement of six well-recognized, researched and documented probiotic strains to support gastrointestinal (GI) health. This probiotic supplement contains a combination of the most important “resident” as well as “transient” microorganisms that contribute to maintaining and promoting a healthy GI tract.
There are numerous factors that contribute to friendly bacteria (such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and thermophilus) being destroyed or depleted, which include:
• environmental toxins/chemicals
• excessive stressful conditions
• improper diet or nutrient deficiencies
• food allergies/sensitivities
• overgrowth of yeasts, bacteria, viruses, etc.
• abnormal permeability of the intestine
• exposure to numerous medications
Pro-Bio™ Chewable Wafers utilize six probiotic strains that have undergone DNA fingerprinting to support their identity and have also demonstrated long-term stability. More than 65 scientific studies and published articles have been written in support of the strains, documenting the ability of these strains to:
• possess a high tolerance to survive stomach acids and bile salts
• support the body's natural defenses and the intestinal tract's immunological barrier
• help alleviate occasional diarrhea and constipation
• address lactose intolerance issues
• adhere to and colonize the GI mucosal membrane
• assist with regulating intestinal mobility and normal bowel function
• possibly help create an inhibitory effect on free radical activity in the colon