**New policies as of 4/15/14.
• SHIPPING DAYS: Probiotics will only be shipped Monday through Wednesday to avoid weekend delays. Orders for probiotics received on Thursday or Friday will be held for shipment on Monday.
• DURING WARM WEATHER: Beginning April 15, 2014. Kirkman's standard shipping method for probiotic orders will be 2-day UPS. (We may suggest an upgrade to Next Day if necessary.)
If you choose to ship in a method other than standard shipping (2-day UPS), Kirkman® will honor your shipping choice but will not accept returns or refunds for product that arrives warm or damaged due to not using our standard shipping method.
If you have any questions regarding your probiotic shipping please call our customer service department at 1-800-245-8282.
High-strength probiotic chewable wafer
Kirkman’s most popular probiotic, Pro-Bio Gold™, is also offered in a tasty, chewable wafer with the same six certified strains of organisms present in our signature Pro-Bio Gold™ product.
Normally, chewable probiotic formulations are weak, low dosage products because of the fragility of the organisms; however, Kirkman® has developed an optimal formulation that is produced under special cold, dehumidified conditions so that the product maintains full potency when compressed into a tablet.
Kirkman’s Pro-Bio™ Chewable Wafers offer a comprehensive replacement of six well-recognized, researched and documented probiotic strains to support gastrointestinal (GI) health. This probiotic supplement contains a combination of the most important “resident” as well as “transient” microorganisms that contribute to maintaining and promoting a healthy GI tract.
There are numerous factors that contribute to friendly bacteria (such as Lactobacillus, Bifidobacterium and thermophilus) being destroyed or depleted, which include:
• environmental toxins/chemicals
• excessive stressful conditions
• improper diet or nutrient deficiencies
• food allergies/sensitivities
• overgrowth of yeasts, bacteria, viruses, etc.
• abnormal permeability of the intestine
• exposure to numerous medications
Pro-Bio™ Chewable Wafers utilize six probiotic strains that have undergone DNA fingerprinting to support their identity and have also demonstrated long-term stability. More than 65 scientific studies and published articles have been written in support of the strains, documenting the ability of these strains to:
• possess a high tolerance to survive stomach acids and bile salts
• support the body's natural defenses and the intestinal tract's immunological barrier
• help alleviate occasional diarrhea and constipation
• address lactose intolerance issues
• adhere to and colonize the GI mucosal membrane
• assist with regulating intestinal mobility and normal bowel function
• possibly help create an inhibitory effect on free radical activity in the colon