**New policies as of 2/4/13.
• SHIPPING DAYS: Probiotics will only be shipped Monday through Wednesday to avoid weekend delays. Orders for probiotics received on Thursday or Friday will be held for shipment on Monday.
• DURING WARM WEATHER: To better protect your probiotics, Kirkman® now requires 2 day or next day shipping service during warm weather. (We will honor your shipping choices and not automatically upgrade your shipping methods).
• DURING COLD WEATHER: Kirkman® recommends 3-business days service to most locations.
If you have any questions regarding your probiotic shipping please call our customer service department at 1-800-245-8282.
Culturelle® with 10 Billion Cells of Lactobacillus GG
High Potency Probiotic Supplement
Kirkman® is a distributor for the well-researched and documented probiotic Culturelle® with Lactobacillus GG (Culturelle®). Culturelle® is manufactured by Amerifit Inc. The initial research on this Lactobacillus rhamnosus (subspecies of L. casei) strain was undertaken by two Boston scientists, doctors Sherwood Gorbach and Barry Golden. In 1985 they isolated this strain, which they called Lactobacillus GG (LGG - - after their surnames), and it received a patent in the U.S. in 1987.
A number of conditions can upset the delicate balance of the health promoting probiotic bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract. These friendly flora can be adversely affected by use of antibiotics or other medications, improper nutrition, stress, contact with a foreign bacteria during travel or the presence of chronic disease states. These environmental factors adversely affect the intestinal flora's delicate balance, resulting in significantly decreased numbers of these bacteria. Use of friendly flora like LGG can support gastrointestinal health and functioning.
Each Culturelle® capsule contains a guaranteed 10 billion colony-forming units (CFUs). Culturelle® is manufactured as a size #1, vegetable based capsule and has a chicory root base called inulin.
Capsules are individually wrapped in a double-foil blister pack and sealed with nitrogen to provide stability. Culturelle® is available in a cardboard box with six foil wrapped strips, each containing 5 capsules. The capsules can be easily dispensed by gently pressing the capsule through the underside of the foil strip and taking as directed.
Kirkman® recommends storing Culturelle® at refrigerated temperatures. Although the product may be maintained at room temperature, storing it under refrigeration can extend the stability of the product.
LGG is grown on whey and will contain trace levels (less than 15 parts per million per capsule) of casein and whey, which are proteins found in milk.
Research and Documentation
Culturelle® with LGG has been widely studied and documented to provide many health promoting benefits in the intestinal tract including:
• adheres and colonizes the gastrointestinal tract
• assists intestinal functioning
• supports the body's natural defenses
• helps alleviate occasional diarrhea
• has high tolerance to survive stomach acids
• assists with lactose intolerance