Kirkman's Nu-Thera®/EveryDay™ Companion is designed to supplement Kirkman's Nu-Thera® and EveryDay™ hypoallergenic capsule products. These are lower potency multiple vitamin and mineral products, as compared to Kirkman's Super Nu-Thera® line of products. Both are in small, number three capsules to be easy to swallow. Consequently, some of the bulky nutrients that take up a lot of space do not fit in the optimum potencies needed by some individuals.
Nu-Thera®/EveryDay™ Companion provides additional quantities of nutrients that may be required including calcium, magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin E. In addition, this companion product contains the trace minerals that most traditional vitamin and mineral supplements do not include. These trace minerals can be important to good health and are increasingly recommended by physicians for a complete nutrition program.
The components of the Nu-Thera®/EveryDay™ Companion and the rationale for including each component follows:
• Calcium 750 mg (Carbonate-Citrate-Chelate complex): Children need at least 800 mg. of calcium
daily. Those on a dairy free diet have a very difficult time getting this amount of this important nutrient,
which is necessary for proper growth. Kirkman® uses a calcium complex supplying three different
• Magnesium 50 mg (Glycinate): This important nutrient helps produce a calming effect and relaxes nerve
• Vitamin C 500 mg (Ascorbic Acid and Sodium Ascorbate): Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune
system and for the removal of toxins from the body.
• Vitamin E 100 IU (dl-alpha Tocopheryl Acetate): Vitamin E is essential for proper tissue healing and for
strong immune function.
• Zinc 5 mg (Citrate): When talking about nutrients, zinc is the most important immune system component.
Since many parents also supplement zinc in the evening, we kept the potency low in the companion product.
• Selenium 50 mcg (Amino Acid Chelate): Selenium is another immune booster, plus a strong detoxifying
nutrient and antioxidant.
• Molybdenum 50 mcg (Amino Acid Chelate): Molybdenum is important in copper excretion and in
• Chromium 50 mcg (Amino Acid Chelate): Chromium aids in blood sugar control.
• Vanadium 5 mcg (Amino Acid Chelate): Vanadium is important in carbohydrate metabolism.
The original form of this product was a powder because the dose was so high, but parents requested an encapsulated, hypoallergenic version. Because the dose is high, the serving size is eight capsules daily.